More than 68,000
refugees and host communities benefited from our peacebuilding and educational program at the Kiryandongo Refugee Settlement in Uganda:
• WPDI’s Community Learning Center in the settlement received 71,975 visits in 2018; • 1,023 youths were certified in standalone courses offered at the center;
• 20,000 people were reached through messages of peace broadcast on four radio talk shows;
• 10,000 camp residents attended Peace Engagement Day activites;
• 9,290 community members were reached by WPDI’s trauma healing program;
• 4,986 people were impacted by our Sexual and Reproductive Health program; and • 368 local youths were trained in a critical step toward building a local force for peace in the community.